190 Stanford Avenue
2+ BED 1 BATH OFFERED AT $989,000
First time offered for sale. Designed by recognized Architect David Baker - built in 1984. This home exemplifies peace and serenity. Efficiently designed, this residence embodies Zen tranquility with Swedish minimalist aesthetic. Completely updated/renovated in 2009, the finishes are both beautiful and functional. It features inspiring Bay views, a private setting in a prime location.
Well-built and impeccably maintained, this home is not only stunning architecturally, but is also a perfect blend of comfort and elegance. Located in beautiful Kensington, close to award-winning Kensington Hilltop school, shopping and two blocks from the TransBay Express and BART direct bus stop. Kensington neighbors Berkeley and is a short distance to the University of California and San Francisco. A rare gem!
• Enter through the Japanese style custom gate, to the hand selected stone path that leads to the front heart redwood landing, and through the handcrafted mahogany door. Everything about this home is thoughtfully
designed reflecting refinement and taste.
• Two private bedrooms have nice proportions, one with custom built-ins. The principal bedroom has a customized walk-in closet.
• One spacious bath with custom Carrara marble toped vanity, steam shower, porcelain tub and heated floors.
• The kitchen is the perfect blend of warm wood cabinets, stone counters, stainless appliances, pantry and an open intelligent design.
• The dining area is opposite the kitchen and affords intimate dining and space for a table that can extend for larger gatherings. Sliding doors lead to private view deck.
• Living room has a vaulted ceiling and a cozy seating niche, gas fireplace and an open flexible design.
• Rich quarter sawn oak floors throughout.
• Adjacent to the living room is a personal Chashitsu (Tearoom), this space expresses a Japanese sensibility, a peaceful place where you can reflect, and feel a connection with nature and others all at the same time.
• The dramatic two-story vaulted ceiling rises above the center of the home and stairs lead to loft office with built-in shelving and attic storage.
• Parking pad for 2 cars and ample storage.
• The garden is a rich tapestry of varied hues of green providing a peaceful natural backdrop that harmonizes with the elegant simplicity of the home’s architectural design.